Sea Kayak Tour
Explore the wildlife surrounding the Tauranga Harbour in the comfort of a sea kayak. Paddle past old Maori pa sites above the majestic white cliffs of Motuhoa Island. See the sights of Te Puna as you explore the waterways developed by the old Maori taniwha Te Pura and Poripori.
Wow ! I didn't realise it was that far. Everybody had such a great time we should make it an annual event :-)
General Manager, National Corporate Sales
We paddled about 13km. Distance over water is always deceptive! Click Here to see my rough plot ( I think I have it correct).
- Fully guided tour.
- Easy pace scenic tours. Modified to clients’ abilities.
- Tidal and weather assisted.
- Fast, dry and stable double sea kayaks used, but singles available upon request. Paddles, spray decks, buoyancy aid, and paddle jackets provided.
- Moderate to good fitness required.
- This tour operates in fair weather conditions. Wind conditions are extremely important and Waimarino does not operate sea kayak trips during winds over 20 knots. Please contact Waimarino for trip reports.
- Two person minimum.
- The cooler or wetter the weather the more equipment Waimarino provides for the client.
- Transport is included in the tour prices from Waimarino to activity launch site, or if tour departs from Waimarino, includes return transport from tour finish point back to Waimarino.
- Pick up/drop off vehicle transfers are available from & to your accommodation to Waimarino and/or the activity launch site. Vehicle transfers from & to your accommodation in Tauranga and Mount Maunganui are $25 per vehicle per collection point. Papamoa or Katikati areas are $50 per vehicle per collection point.
- Please inform Waimarino of any dietary issues or medical conditions.
- 24-hour booking notice is required.
|Sea Kayak Tour - per person||$120|
|With Picnic Lunch - per person||$170|